(StatePoint) Whether you shower first thing in the morning or at the end of the day, here are several ways to transform your shower space into a productive, relaxing oasis.
• Clean Up Your Space: Declutter by installing shelves or storage pieces. Some shelves and accessories can pull double-duty, featuring bath safety elements like grab bars to make your shower safer and clutter-free.
• Home Spa Experience: Set the mood with music. Install a fan or light that also contains a Bluetooth speaker.
• Maximize Relaxation: Consider replacing your existing showerhead with an option that offers multiple spray settings, like one that feature six high-performance spray options.
• Sit Down: Sitting down in the shower is another way to relax while you scrub. For ladies, a shower seat will reduce the strain you put on your back and neck while shaving, and also help prevent spills and falls in the shower. If you’re short on space, look for a model that folds down to provide a seat when you need it and then neatly tucks away when you don’t.
• Maximize Space: A curved shower rod is another great addition for smaller showers. It will provide up to seven inches of additional space inside the shower.
• Beautify Your Surroundings: Add plants to give the illusion of a lush outdoor experience. A philodendron is a perfect option because it doesn’t need soil and can thrive in smaller containers. Bringing aromatic plants into the shower can also help calm the mind. Cut a few sprigs of eucalyptus or lavender and keep them in the shower. As it fills up with steam, the fragrance will carry throughout the room.
Back to the top