(StatePoint) If you are like most people, you could use more hours to get things done. The day isn’t getting any longer, but there are plenty of ways to supercharge your routine and boost productivity.
“I’m a busy full-time working mom so anything that requires too much effort and time will not fly with me,” says Janise Burrafato, the “Mama in Heels” blogger. “Mobile apps keep me organized and ahead of schedule, and believe it or not, having just one less task to tackle really does make a difference.”
Here are a few ways to make life easier from the palm of your hand.
• Make shopping simple: You can ignore all those coupon mailers that arrive at home. Drop the scissors and spend some time with your family instead. Now you can virtually and quickly “clip” coupons through mobile apps. You can use apps when you shop in-store to access your coupons, which can be applied at checkout.
• Sync calendars: Get the entire family up-to-speed on upcoming events, commitments and projects. A synced calendar system can alleviate anxiety and ensure everyone knows who is where, when.
• Permanent records: Making family memories last is easier than ever. Create prints, photo cards, wood panels and other personalized photo products.
• Stay fit: When juggling work responsibilities with family life, it’s easy to forget your own health and wellness. Schedule time to work out and stick to these commitments as you would any other appointment.
It’s helpful if you have an app that tracks your progress and offers friendly reminders to hit the gym. Many fitness apps sync with other programs to offer you discounts on other products and services when you meet benchmarks.
• Automate: Automating certain to-do’s can free your time and energy for other more creative tasks. For example, these days, you can program apps to make automatic payments on credit card balances and utility bills.
Likewise, refilling prescriptions is no longer a matter of waiting on hold or in line at the store. Now you can do it with the touch of a button your phone. For more information or to download the app, visit the Walgreens website.
Back to the top