(StatePoint) One of the most nutrient-dense foods available, kiwifruit are low-calorie, low-fat, high in fiber—and delicious. Registered dietitian Rebecca Scritchfield has a few things to tell you about enjoying kiwifruit:
• Nearly 70 percent of Americans don’t eat the daily-recommended amount of fruit. Kiwifruit is a delicious and healthy way to boost fresh fruit consumption.
• Kiwifruit are a great source of micronutrients including folate, vitamin E and antioxidants, which promote health and vitality.
• Kiwifruit are as versatile as they are flavorful. They’re perfect for everything from on-the-go snacks and smoothies to salads and salsas.
• The easiest way to enjoy kiwifruit is to simply cut in half, scoop out the fruit, and enjoy!
• New to produce sections this summer, Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit have golden yellow flesh and a sweet, refreshing, tropical flavor.
• Kiwifruit recipes and nutritional information can be found at www.ZespriKiwi.com.
• Zespri Kiwifruit are only available June through October.
Back to the top