Get answers to legal questions about real estate

the question

Does a property have to be surveyed before it is sold???

the answer

It depends. If the property to be sold is a portion of another piece then it will have to be surveyed and approved by the county and or city planning departments. Once approved the survey can then be recorded in the Register of Deeds Office. For an existing parcel of land the answer is no. A property does not have to be surveyed before it can be sold. However, it is generally a good idea for a buyer to protect themselves by getting a survey in order to see possible defects with the property description or possible encroachments

Phillip C. Price
Real Estate Closings

• Affordable • Experienced • Accessible
828-633-2374 • 

Back to the top